Steps to Remove Kaspersky Anti-Virus Error 0xC21D0400admin
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Error 0xC21D0400 occurs due to the incomplete installation process or incomplete downloading of a corrupted file. The error 0xC21D0400 of Kaspersky appears due to the installation of any application while Kaspersky Lab-related software program is running. According to Kaspersky Antivirus support professionals, the error may also occur due to the Windows OS installation or even Windows startup or shutdown process. But it is fortunate enough to say that Kaspersky professionals.
Symptoms of Kaspersky Anti-Virus Error 0xC21D0400
- The active program window will crash often after
- While running the Kespersky antivirus installation software, the system will frequently crashes with an error message “0xC21D0400”
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Error 0xC21D0400 is always displayed on the computer screen
- Windows will run sluggishly and will responds with instant delay to mouse or keyboard input
Step 1: Repair the Error 0xC21D0400 Associated Registry Entries
- Click on the Start button.
- Write the “command” in the search box
- Next, simply hold the CTRL-Shift button on the keyboard and then press the “ENTER” key.
- Next, open the permission dialog box.
- Click on the “Yes” button.
- Write the “Regedit” message and press the “ENTER” key.
- Selection is to be made of the Error 0xC21D0400-related which you wish to back up in the Registry Editor.
- Choosing of the “Export” option from the “File menu” next is necessary as suggested by Kaspersky Antivirus Technical support team
- In the “Save In list” section, selection of a folder where you wish to save the Kaspersky Anti-Virus backup key needs to be chosen by you.
- Next type the name for the backup file in the “In the File Name” box, such as “Kaspersky Anti-Virus Backup“.
- Selection of the “Selected branch” in the Export Range box is essential.
- Now simply click on the “Save” button.
- Your file will be next be saved with a “.reg” file extension.
Step 2: Scan
- Conduct a PC scan to remove any harmful virus
Step 3: Removal of Junk Files
- You need to remove all the junk files from the system such as temporary files and folders. Cleaning up of these temporary files is a perfect solution of this problem which will dramatically speed up the PC performance.
Step 4: Update
- Updating the device driver is needed
Step 5: Working with the Windows System Restore option
- Click on the “Start” button first
- Type the “System Restore” in the search box and the tap on the “ENTER” button
- Click on the “System Restore” option which is located in the results
- When prompted, simply enter the “administrator passwords” carefully
- Follow up all the steps in the “Wizard to choose a restore point” section
- Finally tap on the “Restore your computer’ section
Step 6: Uninstall and Reinstall phase
- Un-installation and re-installation of the product is another possible solution for the Kaspersky Anti-Virus Error 0xC21D0400.
Step 7: Run the Windows System File Checker
- Users are advised to run the Windows System File Checker icon by typing the word as “sfc /scannow”
Step 8: Installation of all the available Windows updates is recommended and to do this, here are steps below:
- Click on the “Start” button initially.
- Write the “update” message into the search box carefully and then press the “ENTER” button.
- Now you will see the “Windows Update” dialog box which will appear in the screen.
- If updates are available in front of you, then just click the Install Updates button.
Step 9: Clean Installation
- At last, in this step, you are required to perform the clean installation of the Windows
Still, if you face any issue regarding the Kaspersky software, then do call us at our Kaspersky Antivirus Customer support number 1-877-221-5676 (toll-free) for instant solutions.